Adding Water Features to Your Pool Renovation
When you’re renovating your pool, adding water features is a great way to create a backyard oasis that’s both beautiful and relaxing. Water features can add visual interest, create a sense of tranquility, and even provide some health benefits.Phoenix Pool Renovation
But with so many different types of water features to choose from, it can be tough to know where to start. That’s why we’ve put together this guide to help you choose the perfect water features for your pool renovation and budget.
Types of Water Features
Here’s a look at some of the most popular types of water features for pools:
- Waterfalls: Waterfalls are a classic pool feature that can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to any backyard. They’re also a great way to create a sense of privacy and seclusion.
- Sheer descents: Sheer descents are a type of waterfall that creates a smooth, sheet-like curtain of water. They’re a popular choice for modern pools because of their clean and minimalist look.
- Bubblers: Bubblers are small fountains that create a gentle bubbling effect in the pool water. They’re a great way to add a touch of fun and playfulness to your pool.
- Deck jets: Deck jets are small nozzles that spray water into the pool from the edge of the deck. They’re a great way to create a perimeter of water around your pool or to create a focal point in the center of the pool.
- Grottoes: Grottoes are caves or caverns that are built into the side of the pool. They can be a great place to relax and cool off on a hot day.
- Slides: Slides are a fun and exciting water feature that’s perfect for kids and adults alike. They can be simple and straightforward or complex and elaborate, depending on your budget and preferences.
Choosing the Right Water Features for Your Pool
When choosing water features for your pool renovation, there are a few things to keep in mind:
- Pool size and shape: The size and shape of your pool will determine what types of water features you can install. For example, if you have a small pool, you may want to choose smaller water features, such as bubblers or deck jets.
- Budget: Water features can range in price from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. It’s important to set a budget before you start shopping so that you don’t overspend.
- Personal preferences: Ultimately, the best water features for your pool are the ones that you and your family will enjoy the most. Consider your personal preferences when choosing water features, such as the size, style, and features you want.
Benefits of Adding Water Features to Your Pool
There are many benefits to adding water features to your pool, including:
- Enhanced visual appeal: Water features can add visual interest and beauty to your backyard oasis.
- Relaxing atmosphere: The sound of flowing water can be very relaxing and calming. Water features can also help to create a sense of privacy and seclusion.
- Improved water circulation: Water features can help to improve water circulation in your pool, which can help to keep the water clean and healthy.
- Health benefits: There is some evidence to suggest that spending time near water can have positive health benefits, such as reducing stress and improving mood.
Installation and Maintenance
Most water features are relatively easy to install, but it’s always a good idea to hire a professional pool contractor to ensure that the installation is done correctly.
Water features also require regular maintenance to keep them looking and functioning their best. Depending on the type of water feature you have, you may need to clean it regularly, check the water levels, and replace the filters.
Adding water features to your pool renovation is a great way to create a backyard oasis that’s both beautiful and relaxing. With so many different types of water features to choose from, there’s sure to be a perfect option for your pool and budget.
Here are some additional tips for adding water features to your pool renovation:
- Consider the overall design of your pool and backyard. Water features should complement the overall design of your pool and backyard. Choose water features that are the right size and style for your space.
- Use water features to create different areas in your pool. For example, you could use a waterfall to create a secluded area for relaxing or a water slide to create a fun play area for kids.
- Add lighting to your water features. Lighting can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your water features and make them even more enjoyable at night.
- Maintain your water features regularly. Water features require regular maintenance to keep them looking and functioning their best